A person operating a bicycle has the same rights and duties as a driver of a vehicle. We encourage you to inform yourself about the laws for cyclists. www.bikesense.bc.ca/bikesense-manual is a useful resource which provides a summary of the requirements set out in the Motor Vehicle Act, B.C.
Mistakes Vehicle Drivers Make Around Cyclists
- not shoulder check for cyclists before making a right hand turn;
- not come to a complete stop at a stop sign and fail to yield to a cyclist;
- not obey traffic signals;
- not share the road as required; or
- be distracted by an electronic device.
If you are a cyclist injured by another user of the road, or if you are not sure about who was at fault for the accident, you should consult a lawyer as soon as you are able.
ICBC Isn’t Acting For You In A Bike Accident
- wages you have lost due to the accident;
- loss to your future earning capacity;
- cost of future care; and
- out of pocket expenses.
Free Consultation with Forward Law LLP
It does not cost you anything to come in for a free consultation about your accident. If you choose to hire us to represent you, we do not charge you fees until the end of your case; even then, if we are not successful, you do not pay any legal fees.
If you have been injured and want a high level of personal attention combined with firm and effective advocacy on your behalf, call Forward Law and speak to Alana Hughes for a free initial appointment. Click here to learn more about personal injury claims.