We believe that the practice of law should be enjoyable. Our people are the key to our success and we are always on the lookout for talented individuals. If you are interested in joining our team as a lawyer or an assistant and you are bright, thoughtful, and generally fun to be around, then we want to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, paid holiday time and a fun and friendly work environment. If you feel that you would be a good fit for our organization, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Megan Stratikopoulos.
Forward Law is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to join our solicitor team. Areas of responsibility include:
- Scheduling appointments, anticipating needs and changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate.
- Screening emails and telephone calls.
- Maintaining a general awareness of file details in order to appropriately direct correspondence to other assistants and lawyers.
- Maintaining a follow up system to ensure action has been taken and replies have been sent.
- Reviewing work-in-progress and accounts receivable reports to ensure timely billing and collection.
- Preparing, editing and proofreading correspondence, invoices and miscellaneous documentation.
- Following up on client payment and return of documentation in a timely manner.
This position allows for growth within the firm. The desired candidate will begin with the duties as described above and may be trained on specific legal administrative duties, specifically within our Wills & Estates department.
The desired candidate has: familiarity with computers and the Microsoft Office suite of products, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, learning agility, and effective communication skills both with team members and clients.
Legal Assistant - Wills & Estates
Forward Law LLP is looking to add to its Wills & Estate Planning team! Job duties include:
Drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney, Medical Representation Agreements and various other estate planning documents.
Reviewing form submissions and entering information into a client database.
Correspondence with clients to discuss drafts and finalization of documents.
Booking and assisting with signing appointments.
Billing and reporting to clients, including filing wills notices with the Division of Vital Statistics.
The preferred candidate is very detail-oriented, friendly and able to work as a member of a team. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.