PRIVACY STATEMENT WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Forward Law LLP collects and uses personal information of clients, service providers and other individuals in accordance with BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (the “Act”).
Personal information is information that could be used to identify you, but does not include your name, or information to allow us to contact you at your place of business.
By submitting your personal information to Forward Law, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose it in accordance with the Act. Subject to certain exceptions in the Act, you may withdraw your consent at any time; however you understand that if you withdraw your consent that it may prevent us from being able to provide you with further services or respond to your inquiries.
we collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with legal services that you have requested, and to respond to your inquiries. We will also collect and use your personal information if you are applying for a job with us; or if you are an employee, to manage our employment relationship with you.
- From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to:
- •service providers hired by Forward Law to perform functions on our behalf, such as data processing, marketing, administrative services, and office services;
- •a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements;
- •a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Forward Law, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- •our insurers and/or our regulator in connection with our provision of legal services;
- •government authorities, insurers, benefits providers, consultants or agents if you have obtained an employment position with us; and
- •any third party where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Forward Law. In addition, Forward Law makes use of various cloud-based software and storage services. Information stored in cloud-based servers is not under our control. If you do not wish to have your information stored in the cloud please advise us, in writing.
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions in the Act, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information.
If you believe that our records contain an error or omission in your personal information, you may contact us and request that we correct it.
To help protect your personal information, we employ administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard, security software, firewall and password protection systems.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact David Hughes at (250) 434-2333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.